Meg's Mishaps

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Never ever ever eat the forbidden fruit again...

Ok, so I was home yesterday and today (doctor's orders) sufferring the cause of a food allergy I didn't know existed for me. As I was hitting the Chinese buffet last weekend, I spotted a delicious fruit just waiting for me to mow. Little did I realize, as I was wolfing down this delicious fruit, juice dripping off my lips and chin, savoring each juicy bite, I would soon regret this delicacy. When visiting my doctor for big puffy lips and face red and swollen, (convinced I had contracted some rare disease) I absent-mindedly ran down the list of foods that I had eaten the previous few days. I was convinced that my doctor would find no food alergy--my stomach is made of iron. I decided I would consider her a fool for telling me I was allergic to any such thing. I came upon listing, "mango," and she stopped me in my tracks. Evidently the skin of the evil fruit has a sap that causes little 'ole me to puff up like a pink marshmallow. Since I was slobbering all over pieces that still had the skin on, I was exposed to the heinous SAP! Evidently the mango that you get in a can or in juices will not have the sap on them, so my previously eaten mangos had never resulted in such tragedy. My doc said that I could try mangos again if I had someone to peel them for me, in which I responded with a resounding, "Heck no!" I would be CRAZY to go through this mess again. However, my more daring side sometimes gets the best of me. So when I get the urge for some of the tropical delishiousness, I'll have to call for my honey...But I am sure to believe and am now convinced(this is "Megan's Philosophy") that mangos are definitely the forbidden fruit the Good Book talks about...I wonder what Adam and Eve looked like after...

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

You are....so beautiful...to me.....CAN"T YOU SEEEEEEEE!!!! You're everything i hoooopped for...EEEEEVERRRYYYTHING i neeeeddd....you are so beautiful....to me......Isn't my wife AWESOME!! and a pretty good writer too!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home